.

.

Friday, January 23, 2015

Teaching the Children Well (and NOT in Cutting Their #$%&^@ Pears!)



Those who know me, know that I also love teaching little ones as much as I love to paint.

 The best way to balance it with my studio practice is to substitute as this great private school near me.  I usually do just a day or two a week, max. But when I got the mid-morning call yesterday to help out for a teacher who had a sudden death in the family, I decided to take a multi day job so the students do not have multiple subs back-to-back.  I feel very fortunate to be able to really help out like that.

But this does translates into a fractured studio time and slower production for the next few days.  I did these two under layers for my acrylic and oil works this morning before school and just finished them now.

May not be technically successful with 4 finished paintings this week but really satisfied with what I have done.  Hoping to finish them this weekend. (Fingers crossed)

No comments:

Post a Comment