.

.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Can’t Hurry Composition...


I know it is ripping off an old Supremes tune but if you love art, you shouldn’t rush it, right?  Or as I used to tell my frustrated 3rd grade art students...  “Good art takes time.”

So with that in mind, this is all I got to show for three hours in the studio today.  

At first I was bummed (like my 3rd graders usually were) but then I realized that if I want those folds to work out, it's got to take a bit of time.  Rendering all of them and how they convincingly relate to each other won’t come easy.  It really is a game of give and take...or more like erasing and redrawing  (apologizes to Diana Ross et al.)


I also dipped deep into my bag of tricks.  No, it did not include any image tracing or projection, that is a true honest-to-goodness free hand sketch up there. I just used this little guy below to help with the rotate tool to nail this composition upside down to get the proportions just right. 


Figure it is easier than turning the actual still life upside down.  Will hopefully get to the watercolor studies tonight or tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment