.

.

Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year/New Practices...Monochromatic Monday


 This is my version of the New Year's Resolution...




No it is not to eat healthier (is that even a word?) 
I gave up on that a while ago...;)


It is to paint everyday of the work week and constantly change up the media.  

My inspiration for this is DailyPaintworks website that I stumbled on via Pinterest.  Which led me to an amazing book by Oregonian artist, Carol Marine and of course her blog.  All definitely worth this look/see.

As Carol extols in her book and on her blog, (and I thoroughly agree) artists really do need to paint everyday to refine and develop their skills.  She has been doing this everyday for almost 8 years! Everyday Carol makes an oil painting and posts it on-line.

I am going to put my own spin on it by working with one subject a week and changing media each day.  Maybe after 8 years I will be up to an oil everyday, but gotta walk before you run, right? (Though I do not think I could ever leave my buddies, watercolor and acrylic behind...)


Starting off with weekly simple still life set-ups for the time being...




Mondays are monochromatic study day to get composition, values, form and visual weight down. Then I will be moving onto color, followed by acrylic and finishing up with oil.

At least that is the plan right now, like most things in life it is subject to change.



Today's work


No comments:

Post a Comment