.

.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Quickie “Treat” in Oil


Winter Warm-up Treat
WSO (water soluble oils) on board
8”x8”

One of the reasons I am trying this “daily” painting (well really about 3 to 4 a week) is to force myself to work quicker and more loosely in oils.  As they say, I think I made "real progress" in that direction on this one...


That was probably because I did this quick exercise in color blending, playing around with hard edges and soft edges first.  Got the idea from Carol Marine’s Book, Daily Painting.  LOVE that book for so many reasons, one being she has these great exercises to loosen you up and a great section on overcoming creative blocks.

Guess that’s two reasons, isn’t it?

Oh well, time to go stay warm in this sub zero weather by imbibing in some of my still life.

Cheers!  Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment