.

.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Pushing It Forward

Taking baby steps these days but at least I am still taking them...right?



This is all I have done in my studio for the past several days....pick paint for the acrylic portion of Winter Warm Up Treat.  I was out of town this weekend and am doing another short term substitute job, this time it involves lots of middle schoolers and very sharp matt knives.  Sooooo I am making sure that things are well planned out.  

Even if I do not get to paint, I try to move things forward, even if it is just selecting my palette.  Got this idea from a post by Brian Simmons, The Seven Steps to a Successful Painting  Before I would not give much thought to color selection, would usually just rush through it to get to painting.

But some days now (very rarely thank goodness) when I am really busy it becomes my one studio exercise for the day.  While it is not ideal, at least it gives me something to jump into right when I do get back in there to paint again.

No comments:

Post a Comment