.

.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Speed Painting



Three Amigos, Acrylic
6"x6"
Acrylic on Board


Met one of my studio goals this year!

 I wanted to be able to paint more confidently and one way to prove that is happening is to paint fast, right? Well I decided to catch up on my self imposed "quota" and see how many studies I could do in about a three hour window today...





Three Amigos , Oil
8"x8"
Water Soluble Oil (WSO) on Board




Three Amigos Mono Study
8"x8"
Watercolor




Three Amigos in Color
8"x8"
Watercolor

Now these watercolors do feel a little rushed to me but I think I was able to give a better sense of space and visual weight to these guys than if I had not being doing my studio challenge.

So maybe practice is not making perfect (don't think I would want that to happen anyway) but it is moving me in the right direction, the self imposed time restraint forced me not to get fussy with my work.  

Love having one more strategy or "drill" in my toolbox to keep me painting, challenged and (hopefully) improving...

Do you have any drills or strategies that keep you challenged? How did you come to find or develop them?


No comments:

Post a Comment