.

.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Collaboration Madness!

I know most of us lament how the digital age has pulled everyone into their own little shells,





but I am fortunate enough to be involved in not one but two collaborative projects that would not have been possible without email.





First, I am lucky enough to be working with a very talented writer through the Richmond Writer’s Workshop.


She is a lovely 11 year old who is wrote her own fairy tale that I am currently illustrating.  And since we live about 40 minutes apart, the best way to confer is, you got it....

      BTW those are my working sketches in the bottle ;)



But the second collaboration is the big kahuna/mystery one.  It is called Art Rouellette and it is happening this fall.  Here is Artspace Gallery’s neato video explaining it.  


No working sketches yet since I have no idea who I am working with (that is the roulette part) and so also have no idea what we will be doing.  

How would you feel about doing a project like this?  Nervous?  Excited?  Then you are just like me.  The big hope is that this collaboration madness will take us all out of your shells.






2 comments:

  1. What's the status update on this particular project?

    -The unruly masses are curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Curious Unruly Masses ;) aka Nadya,

      So glad you asked!
      This was actually TWO separate collaboration projects. The first one, the Writer’s Group project received great feedback when it was displayed at Artspace Gallery in July. I was a bad artist and forgot to photograph the series of 4 drawings I did for that :( But I really enjoyed hearing the thrill in my young collaborator’s voice when I gave her the artwork!

      The second project is actually on display as I type. 25 amazing works of art created by 97 artists in the hallways of the Plant Zero Building right by the same gallery.

      Shameless Plug Alert: We are currently selling raffle tickets to win any of these artworks for a paltry $5 each. It is a great fundraiser for the gallery and a great way to add to your art collection! Tickets and images of all the work available on the website, ArtspaceGallery.org (can hit the tab on the right hand column) or through me.

      Delete