.

.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Color Me Nerdy

So I finally did it....

After TWO university degrees in art and painting, you’d think I would have been assigned this....I know I will atleast heavily suggest this to my students. (Yes I am that kind of art professor).


I finally made my first color chart!!


Wow and did I ever learn a lot!!  It got my watercolor process grooving (yes I know it is not really a painting, art or process word but it does seem the best one to use).  This color chart made me think much more in-depth about my mixing proportions, viscosity of the paint, tinting the best way possible.  Finally, the repetition (120 of those little suckers) forced me fine tune my mixing and application to make things more accurate than I normally strive for.


It is all about the proportion of pigments

75/25----50/50------25/75


Not only that, I now have a handy dandy reference guide to refer to later.  

This is so cool because it is useful in so many ways. I can now have better control over my palette, not spend a ton of $ on all sorts of funky color tubes... I can just mix my own funky colors!



Buh-Bye Guys!
(Well, maybe we can still be friends...)


Special thanks to Christopher Winn for the palette selections and Watercolour Journey for the set-up and mixing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment