.

.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

En Plein James





So my youngest is taking a rowing camp.  And what I would have thought of as a huge inconveince of running back and forth from the James River is now a great excuse to stay and paint...and use my way cool new #8 Quill Mop Brush.



Really enjoying the process, I am working with two watercolor blocks at the same time using the view in opposite directions.  Switching back and forth like this gives me the opportunity to create both hard and soft edges, by working on one whole the other dries.

I am sure I looked a little nuts to all the joggers and dog walkers as a whipped from one angle and paper to another... 


Of course when painting during a downpour, like I did on Monday totally changes the process again.   You just got to go with the flow (literally). Was more trying to keep paint off of the paper with obviously limited success.

Really I plan to work on this a bit more in my dry dry studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment