.

.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Image of the Week #1

Always looking for new ways to jazz up my studio practice.

This idea is courtesy of my new artist friend Nadya Warthen-Gibson.

Drum roll please....

In the spirit of my Hot 100 series of past yore, I am now working on an image of the week, for only that week, and posting (hopefully) daily progress here, with weekly updates on FB.

Tahhh-daah!


Here is this week’s reference photo...my half pint muse at my goddaughter’s wedding...


“ Hmmmm, I wonder if they will like the designer toaster I got them..."



And now a sketch I have made of it today...



Moving onto a 5 step value scale study  to see if spaces and shapes will work out.



just the faintest wash first, barely able to see the highlights...


bringing in the value scale as a reference guide...




no details wanted here, just rendering major shapes and groupings...



pushing to the far end of the value scale to give a sense of space.



This monochromatic study and sketch will both be a big help when I start to work with color tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment