.

.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

HOT 100!!

sizzle. sizzle. sizzle.

What better way to spice up the summer than to set a big goal for oneself?  
Well, maybe not a real-survival-necessary kind of goal (that is for the rest of the year) but a let's-see-if-I-can-pull-this-off kind of goal.  
Hence the birth of the Hot 100.

Maybe for those of us in on the East Coast it should be the Soggy 100.  Given the 6 week deluge we have had this summer, it might be more appropriate...too bad this cannot all be sent to the parched West!

 

Actually this Hot 100 goal, like so many others that I take on is really a combination of events going on in my life that I had no idea would provide any sort of intersection.  Does that happen to any of you out there too?  I really did not think a bathroom renovation, my son's 10 year old school project, camp in the middle of nowhere, and a wonderful Texan artist who I never got to meet would produce this kind of synergy...

But yes it did and here I go...

After this shot-in-the-arm inspirational artist colony last month, Nimrod Hall,  I realized that I really really need to produce lots of art (good, bad, or whatever) on a regular basis.  Why?  Well because, if you are an artist or gardener or craftsman or chef you just might know this feeling, drive to produce to be, I guess content is the best word.  

Also, creating an inventory is always good for an artist, but really that is just a beneficial side effect. 

My Entire Tiny Home Studio.
  Yup, that is it and it is working amazingly well! My car is about 18" to the right...

Anyway with this while bathroom renovation-moving-packing-my-house thing I needed to figure out how to do that with a tiny tiny space.  Next,  finding my oldest child's Day 100 Project from kindergarten in the attic purge.  Then viola courtesy of the inspiration of the Cindy Neuschwander tiny encaustic series via Diego Sanchez, my Hot 100 goal came about. 

Day 100 Kindergarten Project
100 Band Aids Creating 10 Buildings
2003
So there is my space above, here are some of my works on display below.  I have no idea if they are finished or not.  But I am at 64 and the daily goal is 4 day.  


Some of the Hot 100 on display
VisArts Center RVA

Daily progress of this series is being posted on my FB page.  Which will  continue throughout the summer...barring any flooding, monsoons, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment