.

.

Monday, March 18, 2013

VisArts Collector’s Night THIS SATURDAY


I am really looking forward to going to Collector’s Night at the Visual Arts Center in Richmond to help them celebrate their 50th birthday but also honored that my artwork is going to be displayed beside some of my VCU professors like Amie Oliver and mentor Michael Pierce

I even have a dress and everything...

Anyway here is my piece I am donating and a little blurb that will be displayed with it 
(I think)


Fire Hydrant, 2012
12”x12” acrylic and pencil on board

Kathy Calhoun is the once and future VisArts studio tenant, currently enjoying her space in mid row but way back in 1990 she was in the spot where the Richmond Film Festival people now reside.
This donated piece was part of an en plein air series created last summer to finish up Kathy’s graduate studies at Virginia Commonwealth University.  Fire Hydrant was painted between 5:30 and 7 AM in an effort to avoid the heat wave wilting RVA that week.


No comments:

Post a Comment