.

.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hot 100: Selected Images, Paint, Pixels and Real Time Opportunities

OFFICIAL DISPLAY LABEL

Kathy Calhoun
Hot 100 #62
acrylic paint on paper
9"x12"
2013

But wait!! Those labels may look comprehensive but it ain't really so.  The information above is really only half the story, or maybe a 1/3....



                                 















Kathy Calhoun
Hot 100:  Various Images
acrylic paint on paper
9"x12"
just keeping it legal...

Consider this...the unspoken media (or second 1/3) used in Hot 100 but just as important as the acrylic paint listed above.  In fact, you are using right now to see this...


digital, electronic.

This is the first series I have continuously recorded while producing it.  



 Sorry, no paint here, just pixels


Then the final 1/3... the whole social media/Facebook/blog thing...I decided to post the whole she-bang on my personal FB page because, well why not?  Believe it or not, I started it as a personal nudge not a public acknowledgement thing.  It kept me on track by forcing me to pace my production.  As an aside, I also thought it would also be a nice little experiment to see how it would (or not) be received by the friend-sphere out there.









Will You Friend Me?  I promise not to spam you...




What I also did not realize (consciously anyway) was that I was creating a big opportunity for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment